Cleaning and Fixing Bilingual Data for MT
- ISO:9001 quality certified
- Excellent customer service
- Expertise in more than 120 languages
Get a free quote
Linguists Who Know Data Processing
Cleaning and fixing your bilingual data for Machine Translation engine training requires skilled engineers. But you also need professional translators and terminologists. People who are more than merely fluent in both languages. Who have specific knowledge of your domain. And who know what constitutes good, clean data. That’s where Asian Absolute’s Machine Translation specialists come in. These experts are used by companies in the UK and around the world.
Poor data quality is the enemy of profitable MT application and many quality issues can be solved by cleaning up and fixing the bilingual training data. When you want your MT to perform to the same quality standards you do…. It’s time to call in the linguists.
Why choose Asian Absolute?
You’ll be able to go a step beyond what engineers can do when it comes to cleaning and fixing your bilingual data.
What’s more, you can choose when to utilise only our expert linguists. And when you’d also like our specialist data engineers to assist. So you can outsource only what it makes sense to outsource. Saving your time and resources for where you’ll get the most out of them.
After all, that’s the whole point of using Machine Translation in the first place.
- Call on specially qualified linguists with in-domain expertisein finance. Patents. Engineering. And many other fields
- Have data in more than 120 languagescarefully examined and fixed
- Flexible enough to meet your needs for ad hoc or complete turn-key services
- Easily include an assessment from engineersqualified and experienced in MT engine training services
- Count on ISO:9001-certified, award-winningproject management and processes
Asian Absolute helped FTChinese.com in the challenging task of building a world-class translation service. They provide top quality, personal service.
I was extremely impressed by Asian Absolute’s hard work to complete the project to our high standards and within a very tight timeframe.
Many thanks for your help and also for providing an interpreter for the week, she was absolutely fantastic and a real life-saver!
Guinness World Records
Why do I need a linguist to clean my bilingual data?
An engineer can often identify the root causes behind errors in your Machine Translation (MT) engine’s output. In Asian Absolute’s case, for example, engineers working on your project will use custom scripts and text cleaning tools to do this with maximum efficiency.
But an engineer’s skills do not usually include the in-depth language or domain-specific knowledge required to spot certain kinds of errors. Often called “noise”, these type of errors include:
- Poor or indirect translations
- Incorrect translation of metaphors
- Imprecise translations which do not contain all of the details in the original sentence
- Misaligned sentences
- Repetition, insertion and duplication errors
- Misordered words in the source or target text
- Issues with case sensitivity, spelling errors and name entities
- Domain-specific usage of a term or a co-occurrence
Only expert translators will be able to identify these. Linguists who are masters of not only both languages. But also your specific domain. As well as the considerations specific to MT data. What makes it most useful when used in MT engine training, for example. Or how to extract the maximum possible value from your data.
What kind of data is best for Machine Translation engine training?
Remember that the data you use when training your MT engine needs to be:
- Clean: it’s vitally important that all noise is eliminated from the data.
- In-domain: if your data isn’t relevant to your area, then it’s of limited use or counter-productive.
- Accurate: to ensure the quality of your MT’s output you need to prevent errors at source.
How much expertise do you need to fix your bilingual data?
You might already have an in-house team of engineers. You may simply have a great deal of data and a desire to get the best use out of it.
Whether you have the engineering expertise to call upon. Or you have limited interest in the technical side of improving your data. You’ll always be able to get the right level of service to perfect it:
1. Full data cleaning and fixing - by engineers and linguists
Outsource all of the tasks involved in assessing and cleaning your bilingual data. Your data will be examined by specialist linguists with relevant language and domain expertise. And by language-neutral engineers who also deliver our service for cleaning and fixing bilingual data (engineers).
All issues will be identified. Cleaned. And fixed. Your data will now be ready to provide the maximum performance improvement in your MT engine.
2. Perfect the work of your own engineers with linguistic cleaning
After your own engineers have done as much as they can without understanding the languages involved, it’s time for our translators and terminologists to get involved and fix the linguistic issues. Maximise the value of your domain-specific bilingual corpora by getting them cleaned by specialist in-domain linguists.
3. Task us with addressing specific issues
Have you already identified the issues? Minimise your spend by specifying the areas where you need our linguists to focus their attention.
4. Auditing your data
Build a culture of quality data into your machine learning process by asking our experts to run audits on the bilingual data you use to train your MT.
Get more information about MT engine training services 24/7
Need to know more about the best way to train your MT engine? Get in touch now. You can reach us 24/7. Start by asking any questions you might have. And then get a free, no-obligation quote on cleaning your data.