Japanese translation services for all industry sectors
As a specialist Japanese translation company, we know that certified translation from English into Japanese – or vice versa – can be a challenging task in the wrong hands…
For a native Japanese speaker, mastery of the three scripts and complex grammar comes naturally. But only experienced and qualified translators are skilled enough to adapt English communications into an elegant translated text incorporating the correct degree of formality required by modern Japanese society.
Why choose Asian Absolute?
We provide the highest quality English to Japanese translation and Japanese to English translation.
Familiar with formal Japanese as well as the more informal options, our specialist translators will help you communicate effectively with your target audience on any of the four main islands, and anyone speaking this beautiful language in any part of the world.
A highly professional Japanese translation company, we give you:
- Peace of mind from membership of the American Translators Association and the UK’s Association of Translation Companies – along with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems standard certification
- 24-hour worldwide Japanese translation services, so you can get the expertise you need, when you need it
- A professional reputation as a helpful and responsive Japanese translation agency
- Exclusively mother-tongue translators supported by Translation Memory technology, improving consistency and saving you money
- Cost-effective rates – and a free quote upfront
- The ability to meet even the shortest deadlines, thanks to a full staff of highly experienced language specialists
- Clients of all sizes efficiently served, from the agility needed by starts-ups to the robust information security and scale demanded by our Fortune 500 clients
Asian Absolute helped FTChinese.com in the challenging task of building a world-class translation service. They provide top quality, personal service.
I was extremely impressed by Asian Absolute’s hard work to complete the project to our high standards and within a very tight timeframe.
Many thanks for your help and also for providing an interpreter for the week, she was absolutely fantastic and a real life-saver!
Guinness World Records
Industry sectors covered
Professional Japanese translation services are provided by our specialist translators for all industry sectors, including:
Banking & Finance
Marketing & PR
Travel & Tourism
Whatever materials you need translated, our translators will accurately localise and adapt your content.
Japanese graphic design preferences
Japanese design preferences are unique. From the finer points of ruby to the most elegant line-breaks, our graphic design team will be able to help you produce marketing materials to suit these specific tastes. Choose from our extensive library of Japanese fonts to make the right impression on your target audience.
What you need to consider
There are three different alphabets
Japanese translations are written using a combination of Kanji, Hiragana, and
- Kanji are traditional Chinese characters, which were the first form of written Japanese.
- Hiragana and Katakana are both alphabets introduced later – Hiragana is used together with Kanji to write regular Japanese words, whereas Katakana is used for foreign and onomatopoeic words.
Many Kanji symbols are pronounced the same
Though there are several thousand different Kanji symbols – you’ll need to understand several hundred in addition to the Hiragana and Katakana alphabets to get even a basic grasp of written Japanese – some are pronounced precisely the same.
- “Shin” is the most commonly used character example. It can have more than twenty different meanings depending on the way it is written. Some of the most popularly used include:
- God or kami – most often used in the Shinto religion.
- Heart; mind; spirit or kokoro – arguably most often used when discussing martial arts.
There are many different dialects and accents
Many might think that that’s enough complexity for one language, but Japanese goes further!
Different regions – notably Osaka and Tsugaru – have their own accents and dialects. Some with additional words thrown in for good measure.
Taken together this means that Japanese document translation can be exceedingly complicated. Rest assured you’re in safe hands with the Asian Absolute Team, filled with native speakers covering specialisms in all industry sectors.
How to make us your Japanese translation company
To learn more about our professional Japanese translation and localisation services, please follow the links below:
- Certified document translations
- Multilingual typesetting and desktop publishing
- Patent translations
- App and software localization
- Technical translations
- Transcription of audio, video, speeches and interviews
- Closed captioning and subtitling
- Website localization and translation
Get in touch now and talk to us about your Japanese translation needs. You can also enquire to get a free quote online.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will my translation cost?
The long answer is that your translation cost will vary depending on things like the volume of material you need to have translated, your target language/s as well as several other important factors.
The short answer is that it’s always best to get in touch for a free quote. There’s no fee or obligation – and you can get a clearly costed price breakdown of your specific project so you know exactly where you stand.
Do you offer discounts for volume?
If you often find yourself in need of professional translation services, we may be able to offer you special rates. These will be based on the amount of work and level of partnership you have in mind.
We do this for numerous regular clients around the world, ensuring a cost-effective solution for each client’s unique requirements.
How do I pay for my translation services?
We accept domestic and international bank transfers, most major credit and debit cards and PayPal payments from both private individuals and companies. Just let us know how you prefer to pay and we will be happy to suggest a method which is convenient for you.